- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.
I come from the small town of Lac La Biche that is quickly growing. We still like to recognize our heritage, and celebrated Aboriginal day with other Aboriginals from my community on June 21 2013. We had a great day that was blessed with beautiful weather. A special Aborigional sash and crown was made for me by former Miss Teen Aboriginal. There were four different colours on it that had special different meanings, silver meant youth, yellow was for the sun, blue was for waters, and red was for fire. My crown, my sash as well as myself got blessed that morning. My blessing was for good luck, and that no matter what happened I would be safe.
That afternoon I had marched through main street in my moccasins and I took part in the Aboriginal parade along with many other students that led us down to the lake.
I was born and raised in the town of Lac La Biche, Alberta. The town started off small and is now slowly growing. I am so proud to be representing Metis Nation and my home town of Lac La Biche in the Miss Teen Canada-World pageant. I will now shortly be on my way to Toronto!!! I am so EXCITED!!
Wish me luck!! xoxo
I would like to send a big shout out THANK YOU to the businesses in my community for supporting me through monitary donations as well as offering their sevices. I would not be able to have had the opportunity to make it to Toronto if it was not for them! I would like to thank ‘To Beautify Accessories’ who donated formal scarves and hair pieces, and ‘sublime design’ who donated hair pieces and products.s unfortunately both of these businesses are not on the web.
What is S-Trip?? S-Trip has been a leader that gives students a chance to have a life changing adventure. For over 35 years they have been a leader in these trips, with over 40,000 students in annualy 40 destination around the world!!! S-Trip give travellers a chance to have an eye opening experience and just absorb a different culture, languages and experiences! What does this have to do with the pageant?? S-Trip has been kind enough to sponsor a trip to one luck Miss Teen Canada delagate!! Find out more at https://www.s-trip.com.
There are so many beautiful places that I would like to see and explore! But I have come to the conclusion that I would like to go on a trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico!! We would stay on a breath taking resort with beautiful hotels that have the fragrance of fresh linens.
The place just seems so young and fun, I don’t think I would ever get bored especially with my friends. Cliff jumping and zip lining, ADRENALINE RUSH all the way!! I would love to go snorkeling and walk on the ocean floor, also going out and exploring old hidden caves where lava once ran through would be another thing on my wish list!! Every once and a while I would enjoy some down time, like laying out a beach towel and soaking up some rays, or a walk on the beach, and feeling the sand in between my toes. I would be able to sit for long though, the fun would continue with my friends. There would be no shut eye, we would be up all day every day! It would be a trip of freedom, NO rules NO plans just be a kid!! We would make memories that would last a life time.
I would like to give a BIG thank you to the Lac La Biche http://boldcenter.ca/ !! Thank you for letting me be apart of your team. I have enjoyed volunteering my hours there during the week. Playing nerf guns, anything on wheels and attending “Tianna’s carnival’. It all was a blast!! It does not feel like your volunteering when you handing out cotton candy and having potatoe sack races. Nerf gun wars were probably one of the best and biggest turn outs!! Everyone enjoyed themselves that night, even some adults were involved in the fun action!! Volunteering on no-school fridays was amazing!! Hanging out at the pool and doing cool fun activities was soo much fun!! So i just want to thank the bold center for being so welcoming!! And allowing me to be a part of their team!!
Lac La Biche does’nt have the highest tower or a giant Easter egg or perogy. Lac La Biche is known for its beautiful lakes. With over 100 lakes in the surrounding area and over 1,300 beach side campsites and cabins Lac La Biche attracts people that love the out doors. Many people come in to visit Sir Winston Churchill Provincial Park. Sir Winston Churchill park is beautiful, it features a board walk, sandy beaches and beautiful waters. Since we have lots of water we have lots of fish. Every year Lac La Biche holds a fish derby in Lac La Biche beaver lake which attracts a lot of people . Our lakes are’nt only used in the summer. We use our lakes during the winter too,for pond hockey and the Festival of Speed ice races. Watching the Northern lights dance above you is an experience you’ll never forget. Churchill is a great place to take the family to make memories you’ll never forget. http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g671274-d3977245-Reviews-Sir_Winston_Churchill_Provincial_Park-Lac_La_Biche_Alberta.htm
Signature towels has an amazing range of high quality of beach and bath towels, also comforting bath robes. Towels and bath romes come in an array of colors and embroideries. Make it a perfect gift for a perfect someone, grad gift or just everyday life. If I were to ever make a commercial for signature towels it would have to go some thing like this….
1) First scene-Would take place on a beach. I would keep it all young and fun. It would start off with a group friends un-rolling their towels showing off their custom towels with their names on it. All brightly colored beach towels. You can hear them giggling as they get closer. Fun music in back round.
2) Second scene- Would take place in a regular on the go family house hold (to show that signature towels could be used any where, any place, any anytime). It would show all the kids rushing to wash their faces with their custom face towels. Each would have their initalis on it.
3) Third scene- Would take place in a woman’s bathroom. She would be bathing in her tub filled with bubbles. Her towel would be sitting on the edge of her tub. Her matching bath robe would be hung above it. The mood would be relaxed, candle lit, and soft music.
4) Fourth scene- Would be a man on the golf course. He would pull a golf towel out of his bag and wipe his fore head. Also showing off his name embroidered on it. And him tossing it back on his bag showing off how high quality the towels are.
5) Fifth scene- Would be a college of all the scenes. A woman would be speaking. she would say ” Signatue towels, used any where, any place, any time, any one”. The End.
May 20th-24th was Aborigional week! I read to both Lac LA Biche Head Start and Vera.M welsh elementry school. I love reading to them! I find it the coolest thing when they call me princess because never in a million years I would ever think that I would be called a princess!! And when they sit hugging my knees begging for me to read another book I just find it so adorable, and I cant resist but read them another book to them!
The next thing I have planned is the community garage sale wich is coming up on june 8!! I will have a picnic table loaded with clothes of mine that I no longer fit and a whole bunch of other cool stuff!